Pastoral Care - Services
As a patient, our pastoral/spiritual care staff offers you and your family:
- Support in your use of personal resources of faith when dealing with an illness.
- Encouragement and a listening ear during difficult times.
- Practical help and comfort in times of grief and in crisis situations.
- Help to explore questions of faith and spirituality.
- Congratulations for the birth of children, progress in recovery or the healing of an illness.
When providing these services, our staff performs a number of activities, including:
- Visiting you and your family upon admission as well as at your request, on the nursing units, in the waiting areas, the Emergency Department and other outpatient areas.
- Responding to medical emergencies and end-of-life situations.
- Providing you and your family with information regarding support groups.
- Helping you contact clergy of your own religious tradition to celebrate sacraments and perform rituals.
- Sacramental ministry, provided by Catholic priest chaplains.
Floating CTA Show: