Who is a hospitalist?
- Physician specializing in inpatient medicine
- Typically Internal Medicine or Family Practice physician
- Available 24/7 to provide timely care to patients from ER until discharge
- Works closely with your Primary Care Provider
- Coordinates your care with consulting teams
A hospitalist provides personalized, high quality care when the primary care physician has requested this service during the patients stay at the hospital or when the patient does not have a primary care physician.
Typically a patient is first evaluated by an emergency room physician and if the medical problem is significant enough to require hospitalization one of the hospitalists is called for consultation. Because the hospitalists are always in house, they are available in most of cases in less than one hour. This greatly decreases wait times in the emergency department if the decision is made to admit the patient.
As a state-of-the-art modern hospitalist practice, each physician is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and has attained years of experience in hospital medicine. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information, call (631) 376-4444.