The Guilds of Good Samaritan, Adult Volunteer Program 18+
About The Guilds of Good Samaritan
In biblical times, the Good Samaritan was a volunteer who, unbidden, performed a service for a fellow human being. At the Medical Center, the Guilds of Good Samaritan carry on that tradition. The Guilds are volunteer organizations with an elected Central Council who donate their time, treasure and talent to benefit the hospital with service and the Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation with donations.
To better accomplish their goals, the Guilds are always welcoming new members who would like to contribute their time in service to the hospital. Involvement can vary from weekly volunteer duties to monthly meetings and participation in special activities and fundraisers. The Guilds have access to firsthand information about the programs and successes of the hospital and can act globally to assist with reaching goals that further programs in-house or in the community.
Guild members volunteer their time, providing:
- Support services to hospital departments
- Advocating on behalf of the hospital
- Expanding personal horizons through friendship and leadership roles
Currently, more than 200 guild members bring their life experience and generosity of spirit to the hospital.
Recognition and Appreciation
- Free parking
- Free cup of coffee or tea daily
- Free lunch for each 20 hours of service
- Tracking of service hours for recognition and awards
- Attendance at monthly Central Council meetings to learn important information about Guild activities, advocacy and hospital issues and plans (refreshments are provided).
- Two Professional References
- Medical Clearance
- Interview & Orientation
- Security Badge
- Below please find all materials needed to begin the application process to volunteer at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- Please mail completed applications to address listed below
We thank you for your interest in volunteering at Good Samaritan.
For more information on the Volunteer Program, please contact Brittany Colasanto, Manager of Volunteer Services
Brittany Colasanto, Manager of Volunteer Services
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Phone: (631) 376-3659
Fax: (631) 376-4292
Address: Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
1000 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795