Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Program
Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Program at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) hospitals participate in Medicare’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Program. CJR is designed to enhance the patient experience by providing top quality, coordinated, efficient care spanning pre- and post-surgery, and all through the recovery period, up to 90 days after surgery.
Surgeries included in the CJR program:
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total ankle replacement
- Hip arthroplasty
Our team of Navigators assist patients by:
- Tailoring an appropriate plan of care to each patient
- Ensuring effective communication with the patient and family, pre- and post-surgery
- Minimizing complications
- Ensuring that patients return to normal function as quickly as possible
Physician Collaborators at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center:
- John Cuellar, MD 661 Deer Park Ave, Babylon, NY 11702
- John Acampa, MD 180 E Main St, Bay Shore, NY 11706
- Anthony Cappellino, MD 60 Fleets Point Dr., West Babylon 11704
- Jonathan Owens, MD 5500 Merrick Rd, Massapequa, NY 11758
CHS strives to provide the highest quality of care for its patients. For CJR beneficiaries, this requires implementing innovative care redesign and coordination methods. In order to achieve this goal, CHS must partner with providers across the continuum of care that share in this endeavor.
Collaborator Selection Criteria:
CHS only intends to collaborate with providers who deliver quality care and agree to actively contribute and participate in care redesign and care coordination efforts. CJR Collaborators may consist of a wide-range of providers, including but not limited to, physicians, physician group practices, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and inpatient rehabilitation facilities. Selection criteria of CJR Collaborators shall never be based directly or indirectly on the volume or value of referrals or business otherwise generated by, between or among the parties.
The following criteria will be utilized in the selection process of physicians and physician group practice CJR Collaborators:
- Currently enrolled and able to participate in Medicare;
- A member of one or more CHS Participant Hospital's medical staff;
Will participate in the CHS CJR Steering Committee and participate in Hospital quality and population health initiatives needed to support the program;
- Will adhere to developed care plans and follow recommendations for Episodes of Care for their patients enrolled in the program;
- Will work collaboratively with CHS and Hospital Care Management and Care Navigator teams to ensure effective care transitions and patient monitoring to deliver the highest quality of care and best outcomes;
- Will positively collaborate and work with CHS or CHS designated SNF’s and rehabilitative facilities that meet minimum quality and care coordination efforts; and
- Will positively collaborate and work with the home care agencies owned by CHS, and its designees, to ensure the highest quality of care and services are rendered for all enrolled CJR patients.
CHS is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and personalized patient care. For more information, please call (516) 570-3580.