Why Give? - The Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation
“And he went to him, and bound up his wounds, and took care of him.”
The Good Samaritan parable is one of the most beloved Gospel stories for young and old alike. The story is simple, but speaks to the profound impact that our compassion and generosity can have even for strangers, some we may never meet.
It does not matter whether or not you are a doctor or nurse. We all have a role to play in the healing of others. You, too, can be a Good Samaritan and be a beacon of compassion and hope through philanthropy.
Our generous benefactors – including the extraordinary Guilds of Good Samaritan, individuals, foundations, corporations and community service organizations – have all left an indelible mark on the lives of our patients, physicians, nurses and employees!
Most recently, donations to the Foundation have enabled the hospital to initiate new programs, purchase cutting-edge technology, and modernize facilities.
Recent Foundation-funded initiatives include:
- Sophisticated Cardiac Mapping System
- Cardiac Monitoring Equipment
- Ambassador Food Service Program/Equipment for Nutritional Services
- Health Care Professional Education Funding
- Good Samaritan University Lectures
- Bay Shore School District Healthier Families Program
- Theresa Patnode Santmann Annual Heart & Soul Wellness Symposium
- Pediatric Ventilators for the NICU
- Temperature Management System