WELCOME TO GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
PEDIATRIC AND PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (PICU)
Providing patients and their families with the best care possible.
Who We Are
- Pediatric Intensivists–specialists in treating critically ill children.
- Pediatricians and Hospitalists- specialists in taking care of children in the hospital.
- Pediatric Specialists-doctors who are trained for specialized medical issues.
- Residents and Interns- doctors who participate in the care of your child under the supervision of attending physicians.
- Pediatric Nurses-trained in pediatrics and pediatric critical care.
- Child Life Specialists-trained in helping children play, learn and relax.
- Respiratory Therapist-helps with specialized medical treatments.
- Dietitian-when needed, helps with special nutritional needs.
- Care Manager-helps with medical equipment, nursing, special services and treatments at home.
- Social Worker-helps children and families with social issues.
- Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist-helps children with special needs, tasks and abilities.
- Pastoral Care-provides added support, both emotional and spiritual.
We strive to care for your child in a stress free and timely manner. To help us do this, we need your help. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or share your concerns. We are available 24/7. Thank you.
Kid's Bill of Rights
Hand Washing and Isolation Precautions
Safety and Security
Tips for Parents
Do You Know These Words?
Keeping Kids Comfortable
Telephone and Television
Snacks and Meals
Playing and Relaxation
Tips for Kids